Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

      

"For Nora Grey, romance was not part of the plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how much her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her...until Patch comes along. 
With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Nora is drawn to him against her better judgment, but after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is, and to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is far more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel. 
For Nora is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost her life."

-Goodreads
I usually don't read books with fantasy themes, especially YA. But my (blogger) mate Halinor Cipriano tempted me into reading it by gushing over the male protagonist! You can tell by her last name, how much she is in love with him! ha-ha..When I got past a few pages, I couldn't help but notice its similarities with Twilight-the bio lab partner-love-thing and the mysterious boy theme, even the brief disappearance and some other details which if i disclose will spoil the book! But those who have read both Twilight and Hush Hush, have you noticed?
 Of course in this Patch is not as annoying (no offense), more bold and cheeky. Thankfully the heroine is not a daft Bella (no offence meant again)! I like Nora Grey-the female protagonist, who is smart and isn't self-conscious to the extreme. Becca's writing pulled me right into the book, with all that spontaneous and tense moments between Patch and Nora. The plot, right from the beginning is fast-paced and every time, Patch walks onto the page my heart began to race.*sigh* I too am now in love with Patch Halinor!! After I read the book I wanted a Patch of my own too, except I wish he was named something else other than Patch, something more suited to his hunky personality.
I look forward to reading the next book- Crescendo and maybe Tempest which I hope is as good or close! Though this is what i hate about fantasy themed books, almost all of them come in series and i hate following series because it’s slightly tiresome to me!
And another thing, all these books where the girl makes stupid errors with mysterious boys,mentally made me a list of to-dos and not-dos if i land up in such a situation!*grin*

                  Crescendo (Hush, Hush, #2)

Comments

  1. I hope you'll love Crescendo !! I prefer the second book personnally !! Great review ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts