Travelogue: Maldives (part 2)

 The same sea on the same day, but different shades. 
Right: One is from on-board the boat that took us and 
Left: Wooden staircase leading into the destination island


Between May-June 2014, I spent 6 weeks in the Maldives. During my time there I blogged all about my adventures on a sister blog I created to pen down my travel adventures. It wasn't a big success, so after a lot of procrastinating, I finally decided to revive my original blog and so here is a re-blog of what I had typed up in real time back then along with,previously not included, pictures.  I really had to resist the urge to make edits, so this is a no- edits to the content re-post. Once I have re-posted everything here, I will delete the other blog. 


25th May, 2014 

So I will post my travelogue in no particular order, not weekly or daily or monthly, just a schedule based on various circumstances. Today was my day off so I just sat by the beach and read a book, I also did a little sunbathing because I needed to make my tan even (my arms are much darker than my legs. Meh). 

The most exciting part of my day so far was a boat ride I took from Kuredu to another island to receive guests. What happened was that, the guests from our resorts had landed on another one so island hosts had to go and receive them. Sadly I was off duty so I could have almost missed this opportunity but a series of good things lead me to be on that boat. 

The sea was pretty rough, as the monsoon is beginning here. So we had some rain, a lot of wind and rough waters which would normally discourage someone from getting on a boat ride. Not me, okay it did make me a bit worried at first because I am normally motion sick, sea sick I had no prior experience. I went regardless. It was great fun. The accounts I have read of sea sickness often explain how the strong motion of the tides is what makes one loose balance and feel uneasy. However for me it had the opposite effect, the rocking of the boat felt soothing. The feeling is kind of like how trance and electronic music mimics a person's heart beat and as a result affects their emotions. Same theory. 

The water ranged from turquoise to deep blue to almost grey and some shades of green occasionally. Mostly the palette revolved around shades of blue. It was gorgeous; I also managed to catch a glimpse of a dol-fin. (hehe get it?). The up and down of the boat made me so drowsy at one point I could have fallen asleep but we reached our destination. 

On the way back, the sea was a lot rougher and we had some rain drops too. I was amazed by how even the water droplets turned a shade darker when they touched the water, rather than blend into one color. So when you looked out to the sea you could see more shapes than just tides. Absolutely gorgeous, rainfall on an island. This is bad for business because tourists did not come to the beach for the rain but ehh I love it. 

Apologies for the lack of visual images. The internet here is a bit slow, so blogging itself is quite something. Pictures I will upload mostly on Pintrest and Faceboook. I will post links to the albums soon. So look out for those if you are not a text only person. 

Comments

Popular Posts