How to enjoy a hot drink

Hellozie, my blogger people, as you know I am moving my posts from my branch blogs into one space. Here is one from my coffee blog...

The steam rises while the cold air settles at the bottom,

 A lesson from school
Flits through my head, as I wait for my tea to cool down
To a temperature that won’t scald my tongue
Or burn my lips.


I stare into the cup and observe the dark yet transparent liquid.
It looks suspicious yet I can see the bottom of it.
I bend forward and catch the scent,


Rose
…I felt like a flower this evening.
A deep color, hanging onto the stem
Out of sheer will, despite the fact that it is in full bloom and ready to go out into the world;
Go out into a wedding bouquet or a sorry card or even a proposal bunch, a death for the flower either way it ends up.


I pause, lift the cup to my lips and feel the heat,
My lips tense up, trying to anticipate the heat;
As the space between my puckered lips blows out a gentle breeze,
In an attempt to cool the tea.


Impatience begins to seep in as my thoughts run dry,
I lift the cup with a new resolve,
Harden my lips and try to ignore the heat.
I can no longer feel the steam entering my nostrils.
I hesitate for a moment,
My mind is blank,
Almost lost for words;
I take a sip.
A steaming cup
A steaming cup of calm 

@Copyright©ManishaAR 2014. All rights reserved

Comments

Popular Posts