Travelogue: Maldives (part 3)


Between May-June 2014, I spent 6 weeks in the Maldives. During my time there I blogged all about my adventures on a sister blog I created to pen down my travel adventures. It wasn't a big success, so after a lot of procrastinating, I finally decided to revive my original blog and so here is a re-blog of what I had typed up in real time back then along with,previously not included, pictures.  I really had to resist the urge to make edits, so this is a no- edits to the content re-post. Once I have re-posted everything here, I will delete the other blog. 

5 things you should do before coming to the Maldives



Kuredu Island, Maldives. *May 2014*:

1. Learn how to swim!
It's the ocean on all four sides; you cannot come all the way here just to spend time on the sand. You miss out on more than half the joy of coming to the seaside (i.e. snorkelling, scuba diving, night snorkelling, windsurfing, kayaking... just swimming in the sea.)

2. Shop for clothes in light colors, cotton material and make sure nothing falls below your knees.
I assure you pants are a total pain here. Its WAY to hot for full sleeves and jeans. After a point you will want it all off! However if you plan to visit the local islands, you may need to keep your knees and shoulders covered.

3. Work out.
Not just so you look smokin' in your beach wear, but also so that you have the strength and energy to be up and about in the hot sun. You will need the strength when you are exploring the ocean and taking (what will seem at first) leisurely strolls on the sand.

4. Keep your hair short.
Humidity and constant sea dips can make hair wash exhausting and half way through the day, you just end up putting it all in a bun. Anything to get the breeze on your skin!

5. Carry lots of soap and lotions because you will need several showers a day! (and of course sunscreen, goes without saying)

                                                                            --x--

Comments

Popular Posts