5 things I learned since I began Graduate School



1. How to Move out

You know how ever since you watched American sit-coms and had a curfew system set up you just really badly wanted to move out. And then got cold feet as you grew older and realized what that entailed...yeah. So I learned how to do that. Moved out, out of my home town, country...continent in fact. So now I pay my bills, my rent, cook for myself, build my own furniture, pack my own lunches, wake up on time and so on.  FUNNN! 



2. When to Stop using your brain 

...and trusting my intuition. 
Pft!
 You will always need your brain guys and heart and gut. There comes  a brief period in your life when you are often times looked down upon sighed and told "how naive". Followed by "immature" that quickly morphes into "idealist". Loosing steam become skeptical and in some cases cynical. Some would describe this as adulthood. I would call it, loosing brain function, from conscious brain-gently and steadily. So I say to you, you don't always have to think, and overthink to get out of or get into a situation. Depending on whether you want to or not want to, you just have to respond. Life is uncertain, your decision making power not so much. You will always have the power to choose, and so sometimes use your brain, other times heart and when both fail intuition or gut feeling. Go with that, its usually what you really want. 



3. What not to do

Not sleeping on time. Not skipping meals. Not getting stressed about everything. Not being late. Not procrastinating assignments and house work (on the same day). Not giving a damn....about what others think of you. 



4. Who is most important in your life

The answer is you. I shouldn't have to explain why. You know why, you always knew why. Now is the time to realize, meditate upon it and accept this sacred truth. 



5. Where to go when all else fails

This includes escape spaces, fail proof coffee and meal shops, grocery stores that will be open at the ungodly hour you realized you need milk or eggs maybe, the alcohol is cheap or music is great. You just will know, its like making safety nets but spread outside of your home, because train rides can be buzz kills. 





6. Why graduate school was a good idea? 

Oh, no more questions space. 5 are up. For another day maybe? 
(nervous laughter) 



---x---

Gif credits- giphy.com





Comments

Popular Posts