Back in the game

Technically this should be day eight on my accountability schedule but you see we kind of fell off track. Let's call this day four.

                       
via GIPHY

Things are getting heated, I have just 2 weeks to turn in into my thesis. I don't think I am ready but we shall see by the end of this week. I kind of came to a standstill this past weekend. So much happening in my life, I was trying to keep it together and mostly organize and prioritize the graveyard of notebooks and saved scraps of paper that is on my desk. It was incredibly satisfying to do that because it was a good reminder of why  I started doing this thesis to begin with and the little things that went into researching for it early in the game.

I was up super early this morning so I decided instead of laying in bed and trying to sleep I would just accept it and get a head start with the work. I did house chores, I did some laundry troubleshooting, I made breakfast - (the first in many weeks), I lay down, watched some tv, went to the beach, got myself lunch at this beautiful place called 90 miles Cuban Cafe and took a long walk so I could enjoy the sunshine. Yeah it didn't end there because it was only 6pm by the time I got all this done. Then I got back home, prepped for dinner, watched some more tv and sent out a bunch of emails. My brain was mostly swirling around some ideas and thoughts I wanted to include in my thesis all day. So for the last two hours I've been adding things and making a new plan. Basically I got way too much done because I spent too many hours awake. Take that insomnia!

This week the goal is to get to 25 pages and get up to speed with all of my production too. I know 25 pages doesn't sound like a lot but its so extra considering its a side thing along with this publication itself that I have been designing and researching. I've put down all these deadlines so hopefully all my stressing and working under pressure is a more organized endeavor this time around. I say this time around because working under stress is my MO (modus operandi). Some of my finest projects in undergrad have come from working on tight deadlines. Now I am thinking of incorporating some strategies into stress mode to see if I can be more efficient about it.

So that's the update for today. I have an outline, an introduction and then random sections of the middle and end filled. Here is to hoping I meet my goals by the end of this week.

Oh and stay on track this time with the accountability posts. Until next time!

Plantain chips I couldn't finish from lunch today


Comments

Popular Posts