My Life Be Like OooohAAAH

Its day five and I did something.

                            
                            via GIPHY


I re-worked some parts of my thesis that I wasn't happy with. I also warded off Monday Blues by just taking it slowly. I had a bit of a late start but I didn't despair I just accepted that I was going to be late. I accepted that I was sleep deprived and needed extra coffee and time to process the day. I accepted that I missed 2 buses and it was okay if I waited for the third one instead of catch an expensive uber downtown.

It helped because by 10:30 am, I was awake. The cogs in my brain were turning and I was ready for the day. I got three hours of focused work done and I was satisfied with the progress I was making. Obviously it was so much effort that after 3 hours my brain was like "k bye, nap time now, shutting down".

So I took an orange and myself outdoors and sat in the sunshine. Oh yeah, it was 23 degrees (celsius) today. Oh joy! I wore a dress even and that made me extra happy. I took periodic intervals from my studio class today to walk or sit on the grass and sunbathe throughout the day. I even took the longer route to my staff meeting so I could get some extra sun time. Then I convinced my roommate to eat a late lunch in the park and bask some more in sunlight. It was glorious. It helped me focus on how happy I could be if I allowed myself to be. Instead of freaking out about the all the things I had not finished and probably never will. Just kidding. Got to finish all these assignments and of course thesis.

So the update today is I met my goal for Monday which was re-work issue 2, I did some copy-editing, emailed my contributors for bios, made some editor decisions and now I am going to sleep on it. Tomorrow I'm thinking of revising my designs and doing a test print. I also made some process notes, added like 3 pages to the 25 page goal, so now new goals is 22 pages by the weekend. Then I wrote some strong af cover letter. I was pleased with them, well sort of. I mean they could be better.

OHHHHH also before I forget I ate the most delicious chive dumplings today. They were little mounds of golden fried crispy goodness with a soft centre and green leaf inside. BEST thing ever. It was from this place in Logan Square called Dena's Kitchen.

Its almost bed time, so I am taking a moment to organize my brain and self for tomorrow so I can stay on track with my goal.


Look what I found today by the newspaper boxes somewhere on Michigan Avenue

Comments

Popular Posts