Day 21 WOWJUSWOW


                       
                        via GIPHY

To do list: 

1. Draft paper
2. Emails and calendar organization 
3. Copy-edit and schedule dates to send to print issue one and two 
4. Gather bios and last minute info 
5. OHMYGOD I have to edit an audio clip (UGH)

***
Done list: 

6. Give thesis presentation
7. Graduate
8. Parteaaaaa like there are no more degrees in the world left to collect. 
***

It has happened. I have graduated but I have not turned in my thesis or final art history paper. It sux. So bad. I hate that. I am working on my paper right now and this is my warm up writing exercise. The plan is to send the paper in four hours from now. And I am going to use this post to map out the structure for my paper. 

Q: Abstract a.k.a why do I care about this topic enough to make a paper out of it?

Answer: I enjoy walking alone but have to face a lot of challenges and overcome a lot of fear to be able to do that. Not only because walking alone can sound like a tragic thing instead of a positive one but there is something extra tragic about a woman walking alone because it gives this idea that she is looking for company. I want to explore that thought and connect examples of it together.

Q: What is the the Outline or like well headline sentences for different sections or maybe paragraphs going to look like?

Answer. Here are some options I have off the top of my head using the current research I have done till now. 

  • I enjoy walking- anecdote of two walking experiences in Chicago and Mumbai. 
  • Mumbai as a city and its features for walking - fairly wide pavements, kind of well lit city, local trains, walking culture, women walk for commerce - how they dress - warm weather- kind of liberal city
  • Chicago as a city and its features for walking- wide and clean pavements, stop lights for pedestrians, kind of well lit city, walk to public transport, easy to navigate, winter requires special clothing and prevents room for "eve-teasing" - kind of conservative city (fashion!) 
  • Art projects to do with walking in Mumbai and Chicago 
  • Walking alone versus walking in groups - in context with women and Take Back the Night projects : Blank Noise, Take Back the Night 
  • Women walking artists and what made it conducive for them to walk 
  • Is there enough evidence to prove that walking for women is more challenging than men because the city isn't designed keeping them in mind, culturally/socially 
Q: What is your conclusion?

Answer: Inconclusive at the moment. This a good start. So my goal is 4000 words, well lesser but I am high balling it. So I can scale back. 

This was refreshing. My mind is still a little constrained and not as creative and functional as I need it to be but that could mostly be because I just graduated and I need food, sleep and a job lol. So that is keeping me a tad stressed and preventing me from flourishing and using my brain to its full potential. 

I plan to work on my thesis in the next two weeks and hope this accountability thing helps me stay strong and kind of on track. 

Until then, 
Chus! 


  ♪♪ My current work playlist is called Beat Therapy  ♪

Comments

Popular Posts