Haha day fourteen


Metamemes: National Geographic and their problematic images 
                             
This accountability thing is somewhat working out. I swear every night before I go to bed I think about what I am going to write and wake up promising to just go for it and then four days later I make myself finally do it.

However I have good news.  I have made progress. I edited and did copy for my issues one and two and sent them out to my readers for edits. I reworked sections of my thesis text and even made notes and slides for my thesis presentation. Big win wins. Furthermore (oh yeah!) I did some library hours looking at back issues of National Geographic for research. It was so great because I love reading magazines in my free time anyway. Obviously if I have done this much and still sound unsatisfied I have so much more to do and this is the tip of like the tip of the goddamn massive iceberg. I still have to get cracking on this paper that is due two days from now.

I have resolved to do a first draft tonight so this is like warm up exercise. I am staying late on campus again because I find change of scenarios helps me get work done. Not instantly but once I warm up to the idea its kind of fun. Its like pre-gaming or getting dressed for a party or doing both at the same time. The not so fun part is the bad seating postures I have to adopt in all these new uncomfortable places. Either the chair is perfect and cushy but no table so my shoulder gets strained. Or the table is perfect and the chair is so straight and plastic it makes my body stiff. So rough as you can see.

The plan is to finish the paper tonight since I did a lot of researching and I even took a 30 minute moment in the park to jot down my observations. I have some back log things and organizational duties to tend to which I might try and squeeze tonight. I feel like I am barely holding on but also grateful that at-least I am holding on.

I missed my radio show this morning which I am supremely sad about. But my exhaustion level is so high and I've run out of figs so can't be sad nomo. See you day eighteen? Kidding, I think I will giving my talk four days from now. So hopefully I am more diligent with my accountability posts.

****
To do list: 

1. Draft paper
2. Emails and calendar organization 
3. Copy-edit and schedule dates to send to print issue one and two 
4. Gather bios and last minute info 
5. OHMYGOD I have to edit an audio clip (UGH) 

****



                        
                              via GIPHY

                                      ♪Fatnotronic & InFlagaranti - Botique 

Comments

Popular Posts